Sunday, October 11, 2009

TERROR EYES (1989)

That cover is fucking awesome!!! How the heck, I mean, fuck could you resist something like that?! Saturday afternoon I was walking through the video store, minding my own business, when I saw that cover and instantly filled my pants to overflowing with jizz and human shit. It was love at first sight and I had to have it. I bought it, rushed home to watch it and you know what? It was better than OK. And that's saying something cause I really expected it to be so goddamn horrible that I couldn't even watch the entire thing, but I watched it all and even enjoyed it for the story and of course I got some really good laughs out of it.

Right from the beginning, you know you're in for a treat, because it starts doing fucked up mind tricks and the actors were really excited, especially Daniel (RIVER'S EDGE, FINAL DESTINATION) Roebuck who is completely balls out the whole movie.  Another thing that makes this movie such a delight was it is without a doubt pure 80's cheese. The set decorations and the clothes were hypnotically bad, but in a good way.

The story is about this woman who's hired (by Satan no less!) to write a movie script for a horror movie.  So she goes camping with her friends and they each tell crazy stories including one that reminded me of SAW and another of GROUNDHOG DAY.  I'm not going to get into all of the stories, but there's a lot going on in this movie and I really enjoyed it. It's definitely worth the few bucks I paid for it.
Scan from an interview with Daniel Roebuck in "Psychotronic" #27.