Thursday, August 8, 2013

REFORM SCHOOL GIRLS (1986)

When I was a kid back in the 1980's REFORM SCHOOL GIRLS was legendary (to me at least) thanks to that awesome VHS box I kept sneaking peeks at at my local video store.  Watching it now though it was pretty disappointing. 

Opening with some fresh fish entering Pridemore Juvenile Facility, they're stripped, searched and showered before joining the general population, which apparently is just a single large room full of girls.  One of the new girls is ultra-pure and the bad girl dyke gang wants her for their own.  Added to this is the evil warden (Sybil Danning who has very little screen time and never even gets close to naked) and her second-in-command, Edna, who deals with the girls on a more day to day basis.  The usual shit-talking, hair-pulling and fighting takes place, but I just couldn't get into it.  Even the fair amount of nudity didn't help.

What this film needed was a better script, hotter chicks and Divine in the role as Edna!  That would have been awesome!  As it is though, the version I had built up in my mind was way better than the lame one that showed up on my TV.  Worth a watch just to be able to say you've seen it, but I can't imagine wanting to watch it twice.  If you need me I'll be in my room watching ILSA, SHE WOLF OF THE SS.